[SCCC] RAC K6GEP SOAB LP

Tim Goeppinger timgep at hotmail.com
Tue Jul 3 01:32:40 EDT 2007

Subject: RAC Day K6GEP SOAB LP

                    RAC Canada Day Contest

Call: K6GEP
Operator(s): K6GEP
Station: K6GEP

Class: SOAB LP
QTH: CA
Operating Time (hrs): 10.75

  160:
   80:   13     14       4         3
   40:   12      6       6         3
   20:   60     33       7         6
   15:    1
   10:
    6:
    2:
Total:   86     53      17        12  Total Score = 29,174

This is my second entry in the RAC contest.  Last year I was stuck on 20m
and this year I added ants for 40 and 80.  I doubled my QSOs and more than
quintupled my score.

Unlike last year, I worked a bunch of DX on 20.  Nice opening to Europe.
When S&P-ing I chanced upon OX3YY, and worked him, which was a new one
for me.

I couldn't work any VE4's, even though I heard them S&P-ing.
I wish there was more VE activity on 40 SSB.  I was surprised I had
a run of VE7's going at 1:30 AM on 75 SSB.

It was a lot of fun wishing our Canadian friends a happy Canada Day.

Rig: FT-990

Antennas:
     80 meter dipole sloping down from 50 feet
     40 meter inverted vee at 50 feet
     Alpha Delta DX-CC Multiband inverted vee at 25 feet (20 meters)

Software:
     N3FJP RAC Log  - Worked well.

I hope to get my 20 meter dipole up with a reflector pointed north for
the IARU test.  See you then.

http://www.hornucopia.com/3830score/