[SCCC] Reminder - SCCC Meeting at N6HC's in Santa Ana - Sunday - July 15, 2007

Richard J. Norton richardjnorton at gmail.com
Fri Jul 13 23:27:41 EDT 2007

Reminder

The next Southern California Contest Club meeting will take place at
N6HC's hilltop QTH in Santa Ana, on Sunday, July 15th at 1:00 PM.

Location:
Arnie Shatz, N6HC
10931 Hunting Horn
Santa Ana, CA 92705
Directions are at the end of this message
(714) 573-2965
n6hc at: aol ;dot com

The IARU contest runs this weekend from 5 AM local time Saturday to 5
AM local time Sunday. So, even if you are serious, you have 8 hours
after the contest to sleep and get to the meeting. If anybody without
a station wants to operate, contact me ASAP.

The ARRL Board meeting is next week. I'll discuss a few items that
should be discussed that relate to contests as well as quickly review
other ARRL happenings.

We will discuss our activity in IARU and Field Day. We will also talk
about getting newcomers involved in contesting. Hint. Look at guys at
Field Day. If they seem to be enjoying operating, talk to them, and
invite them.

As usual, please advise Arnie and/or me if you expect to come so that
we have a reasonable estimate of provisions needed. If you don't make
reservations, and can come at the last minute, just show up.

Please use this SCCC E-mail reflector to arrange carpools.

See you there.

73,

Dick, N6AA
N6AA at arrl.org
(310) 455-1138

Directions:

>From the 55 freeway, exit at Chapman, which is just north of the
intersection of the 22 and 55 freeways. Go east on Chapman about 1.75
miles to Crawford Canyon Road. Turn right (south).
Crawford Canyon ends at Newport Boulevard, where you turn left.

Go a short distance, and turn right on Cowan Heights Drive.
Proceed up until Skyline Drive, and turn right on Skyline.
Continue to Hunting Horn, where you again turn right.
Find the house with the antenna and with number 10931 on the front.