[SCCC] DVK conclusions

Loren Hunt lorenphunt at yahoo.com
Thu Jul 19 10:29:02 EDT 2007

After gathering information on the MFJ434B my decision
is clear as mud. Should I continue to use the N1MM
soundcard DVK, buy an MFJ, buy something else or build
my own.

I was looking into the Yaesu DVS-2 but the recording
time looks limited. On the other hand, just how much
time do I need? I thought I might design and build my
own with a PIC and one of those ISD chips good for 75
seconds or so. Just for grins I looked at the MFJ434B
schematic - lo and behold it uses a PIC and an ISD2775
good for 75 seconds. Why re-invent the wheel?

Conclusion - I will do one of the following:
- continue to use the N1MM DVK
- Buy a used DVS-2 at a good price
- Buy (after shake test) an MFJ434B

Thanks for all the input from many. I will report on
what I end up with.

73 AD6ZJ, Loren