[SCCC] KQ6ES RRTY Sprint

John Simmons kq6es at adelphia.net
Mon Mar 12 04:38:27 EST 2007

NA Sprint RTTY Contest

Operator(s): KQ6ES

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: Upland
Operating Time (hrs): 2.5

   80:   4
   40:   4
   20:   5
---------------
Total:  13     Mults = 10  Total Score = 130

Club: Southern California Contest Club

Team: SCCC #1

Comments:
This was my first RTTY contest, first time with the software, and except for one evening of pratice with a friend, these were my first ever RTTY contacts.  Logging was manual.  I had no contacts for a long time, but couldn't find anything wrong with the set up.  Finally, after an hour, I realized I had the wrong cable plugged in and wasn't transmitting  -  I was concentrating so hard on the software I wasn't even looking at the radio.  After that, I looked at it as a practice session in tuning and timing.  A lot of things are still a mystery to me.  I'll work at it and get a more efficient setup before the NAQP.  I am happy that I made a few contacts and got started in this mode.

John kq6es