[SCCC] CQ WPX - Looks like the URL is being doubled - Try again forthe Contest Video

Hsu, Aaron (NBC Universal) aaron.hsu at nbcuni.com
Fri Mar 23 11:57:12 EST 2007

It's doubling because your e-mail composer (editor) is probably tagging the link or sending the e-mail in HTML.  That's why you see the "<" and ">" in the duplicated link.  The e-mail reflector is stripping the HTML tags and the remaining text is being concatenated.

This happens quite often when HTML e-mails are "stripped" of their HTML tags.  I often receive "plain-text" versions of newsletters and all the e-mailer "bot" did is strip what it thought was HTML leaving behind a giant mess of symbols and partial HTML code.

I believe this reflector setup to strip HTML, so it's best to send "plain-text" messages to avoid this type of issue.

73,

  - Aaron Hsu, NN6O

p.s.  Notice that your tagline is also duped...