[SCCC] More QRM!

Michael Tope W4EF at dellroy.com
Fri Mar 30 15:59:57 EST 2007

This can work. NASA, DOD, et al, have experiemented
with this concept to beam power over long distance using microwave
frequencies (generally to UAVs) but they use highly directional antennas
with beam steering to keep all the energy focused on a "rectenna"
(receive antenna that terminates in a big power rectifier). This method
is horribly inefficient if you don't use highly directional antennas (and
even
then I don't think its all that great), so green power advocates won't like
this proposed scheme for consumer use (assuming its not total bunk to
begin with).