[SCCC] K6SE SK

Michael Tope W4EF at dellroy.com
Wed May 2 04:45:24 EDT 2007

----- Original Message -----
From: <W6ph at aol.com>
>> We will miss him.
>>
>> 73,
>>
>> Dick Norton, N6AA
>>

> I think he was on the list for Visalia this year.  Very sad to hear this.
> believe that he had the second W6 160M DXCC close behind Roger Mace.
>                                                  Kurt, W6PH

According to my copy of K1ZM's book "DXing on the
Edge", W6RW was the 1st W6 to work 160 meter
DXCC at #25 overall, and Earl was the 2nd W6 to do
it at #55 overall.

I last corresponded with Earl by email in late November of
2006 to congratulate him on working 5A7A on 160 meters.
Earl was needless to say ecstatic at having worked zone 34
on the Topband. During that email exchange Earl reported
that he was at 201 DXCC Countries and 37 CQ Zones
worked on Topband. Given the challenge of working
Topband from the West Coast, that would be a heck of an
accomplishment even if it had been done from a sprawling
super quiet rural site, let alone Earl's modest sized parcel in
Palmdale.

RIP OT