[SCCC] CQ WPX CW K6GEP SOAB(A) LP

Tim Goeppinger timgep at hotmail.com
Sun May 27 21:26:42 EDT 2007

  CQWW WPX Contest, CW

Call: K6GEP
Operator(s): K6GEP
Station: K6GEP

Class: SO(A)AB LP
QTH: Orange County, CA

------------
  160:
   80:   63
   40:  120
   20:  100
   15:   28
   10:    1
------------

Its all relative...

Relative to this year's CQ WPX SSB contest, this weekend had better
conditions, especially on 40 meters.  Friday night started off fairly well
on 20 and 40.
20 never opened to Europe or Japan for me.  I think I made a smart move by
getting some sleep from 10PM to 3AM last night, and got up at 3AM to work 40
and 80.  I bested my SSB QSO count by about 30.

But - relative to last years contest where I just poached DX (didnt enter
and
didn't work USA), this weekend was a disappointment.  I think last year's CQ
WPX I worked 2
new countries, and about 20 band fills for 20m.  This year - no new
countries,
and only ZF1A for a new one on 80.  This extension of the time for the
sunspot
low is starting to get depressing!   I am scaling down my expectations for
the IARU HF Contest
in July.

Thanks to EF8M and HC8N for their dxpeditions.  It is always a thrill to
work
them.

Traditional Prefixes I missed:  N8, N9, W2, most of the WA's and WB's .
Callsigns not to confuse:  KZ5D and KZ6D

Sad sight to see/hear: 6H1CT and 6F75A unintentionally QRMing each other by
calling CQ on EXACTLY the same freq!  I told them QRM and one moved.

Station:
     FT-990 100W

     Ant:
         Full length 80 m dipole sloping down from 50'
         40 meter inverted vee at 50'
         Alpha Delta DX-CC dipole at 20'  (for 20m)

     Software:
          N3FJP - worked well

http://www.hornucopia.com/3830score/