[SCCC] SS CW K6GEP SO Unlimited LP

Tim Goeppinger timgep at hotmail.com
Mon Nov 5 00:08:25 EST 2007

                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, CW

Call: K6GEP
Operator(s): K6GEP
Station: K6GEP

Class: SO Unlimited LP
QTH: ORG
Operating Time (hrs): 15.5

------------
  160:
   80:   53
   40:   51
   20:   68
   15:   32
   10:
------------

I claim to not be a CW contester, and not a big fan of SS. For the second
year, I've told people I'm not going to operate Sweeps with much effort.
But- that alluring Scavenger Hunt aspect of Sweeps is what draws me into
the fun.  It will probably happen to me again in the Phone weekend.

78 Sections is a new personal record for me.  We will see what sticks
in the scoring.  I missed VE4 and VO1.  Seems like they both disappeared
about 2200z.  I really couldn't hear the VO1's on 20.

Tnx to all the KP2 and KP4 stations especially on 15.  I also appreciated
all the ND stations this year, including the K0RC expedition.  That fills
some holes in my WAS states.

Condix was OK on 15, pretty good on 20, and fair to poor on 40 and 80.
80 seemed better right before the close.

Note for the SS Phone:  When doing packet spots, please include the section on
the station you are spotting, like WV or NLI etc.  That way the software
can alert that a needed section is on. And put spaces around them.  Someone
spotted SC! and my software missed it.

Rig:
FT-990

Antennas:
         80 meter dipole sloped from 50 feet
         40 meter inverted vee at 50 feet
         20 meter dipole (1 element) at 25 feet
         15 meter dipole at 25 feet

Software:
       N3FJP Sweepstates Log - It really shines with packet spotting!

Congrats to N6MJ and WN6K for some awesome scores with low power!
The Orange Section was really lit up with RF this weekend!