[SCCC] N6KI ARRL SS CW 2007

Dennis Vernacchia n6ki73 at gmail.com
Mon Nov 5 04:50:25 EST 2007

Call:      N6KI
      Category:  Single Operator
      Power:     High Power
      Band:      All Band
      Mode:      CW
      Section:   SDG
      Hrs Operated: 14.6

      BAND     QSO      SECTIONS

      160        0
       80      154
       40      216
       20      361
       15      127
       10        0
     -----------------------------------

     Totals    858     1716       79  =    135,564

Well, this year, our  usual SS MS effort at W6YI ( W6YI, N6MJ, K6AM, N6KI )
was canceled due to Jim's ( W6YI) family matters.

I tried to put together a MS effort from N6KI but had no takers for Ops.

Thought then that I would get on for a few hours. Well that turned into a
decision
to concentrate on working all 80 sections WITHOUT the use of Packet !

Well, late Sunday afternoon, 2 hours before end of contest, I had found all
but 1 section

VY1 - nope
MAR - Nope
MW - Nope

had them all !

Was missing WTX !!!!

Somehow I never ran across the usual suspects,
N5DO, N5RZ or N5ZC were nowhere to be found.

I frantically Searched all of 40 and 80 mtrs where I knew I had propagation
to WTX !

Finally heard a WTX stn on 40 working a W9 but he was S&Ping so I moved up
freq and called CQ - No Joy

Went down the band in case he was moving downward  instead - No Joy

Finally just parked in middle of 40 on a clear freq ( verified with stns in
midwest and back east whoi I worked )
and called CQSS WTX for 20 minutes  - No Joy
( guess the last WTX guy on the band QRT'd soon after I had heard him as I
know my sig was strong in that area )

Arrrrrgggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!    858 Qs and Skunked by West Texas
!!!!

;-(

73, Dennis N6KI