[SCCC] K6NA SS CW

Glenn Rattmann k6na at cts.com
Wed Nov 7 10:04:48 EST 2007

                     ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, CW

Call: K6NA

Class: Single Op HP
Operating Time (hrs): 24
Radios: SO2R

------------
   160:
    80:  152
    40:  491
    20:  313
    15:  259
    10:
------------

Late Sunday, just prior to sunset, I stopped CQing and combed twenty carefully
with my beam north, looking for a NWT station.  Sure enough, six minutes later,
I found a very weak and fluttery VY1EI on 14027.  He was sending
pretty slow CW,
had just finished up with a station and he came right back to me with a low
serial number.  I never heard anyone else call him when we finished.

After 45+ years of the Sweepstakes (well, some off-years too) there is still a
magical feeling when you tune the band with your HF receiver and find that
elusive, fluttery VY1 or VE8 for a Clean Sweep.  Recommended therapy for those
packet addicts out there...!

Thanks to all for a fun weekend.

Glenn K6NA