[SCCC] W6TK

Dick Stepanian w6tk at juno.com
Mon Nov 19 12:09:25 EST 2007

                   ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, SSB

Call: W6TK
Operator(s): W6TK
Station: W6TK

Class: SO Unlimited HP
QTH: SB

------------
  160:    0
   80:  308
   40:  125
   20:  458
   15:  125
   10:    0
------------

Rig:  FT-1000MP Mk-V -----> Alpha 374A
Ant:  10-40 Mtrs:  Explorer 14 at 50 Ft - used 40 mtr extension on driven
element
             80 Mtrs:   1/4 wave slopper off tower
Logging:  N1MM

Comments:  Fun - especially on Sunday afternoon!  Got off to a good start
which was helpful.  Knew I would have trouble on 40 with limited antenna
capability
but probably should have qsy'd to 40 earlier that I did.  80 was great on
Sat evening
even was good toward the end of the contest on Sunday evening.  But most
surprising
was how many stations were on Sunday afternoon - did much better than I
expected
from about 12:30 - 3:30(L) Sunday afternoon after church - especially on
20.
Tnx to J - VY1JA - was able to breathe a lot easier early on as far as
hard mults.
Thanks to J and the others who got on from NT!  This time I even got SB
early -
Bill N6WS and another local were on along with a few other SB stations.
On CW SB was my next to last section!   This time ended up NL and Que
were my
last two - thought I was not going to get Que since I apparently missed
Serge, VE2AWR,
but then got another guy on Sunday afternoon for the sweep.   Good to
hear
quite a few SoCal stations - don't know if we will ever reach NCCC level
of
activity but great that we had a number of guys on.  Kudo's to the YI -
gang and
Craig, N6ED, at Glen's, K6NA's, superstation; and Ken , K6LA, - great
showing guys!!!!
Always count on Arnie, N6HC, for ORG, but this time actually worked
someone else before
catching up with Arnie. Arnie, sorry I didn't recognize your voice on 40
Sunday
afternoon - actually thought someone else was operating from Arnie's
place - ugh!
Hope everyone had fun....now to figure out how I might put in some time
on CQWW-CW
with house guests for part of the weekend!!!  73's and hope everyone has
a good Thanksgiving!
73 - Dick