[SCCC] N6WS - CQWW - CW

Bill Shell n6ws at charter.net
Sun Nov 25 21:33:05 EST 2007

                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: N6WS
Operator(s): N6WS
Station: N6WS

Class: SOAB(A) HP
QTH: Nipomo, CA - Zone 3
Operating Time (hrs): 26.8

  160:    6     5        5
   80:   60    23       39
   40:  161    29       86
   20:  307    32       98
   15:  191    23       60
   10:   18     7        9
------------------------------
Total:  743   119      297  Total Score = 853,632

Rig: FT-1000MP MkV Field
     Henry 2KD-5 w/two tubes, then one tube, then changed to the AL-1200
Acc: microHAM microKEYER
     N1MM Logger
Ant: Cushcraft X9 @ 17m
     40m Dipole @ 17m
     80m half sloper @ 12m

I thought I was going to do a serious SOAB(A) effort, but that changed
when my wife made one of my favorite dinners on Friday night.  I had to
take a long break, and after returning to the contest, I just couldn't
get serious.  I had a great time mostly searching and pouncing.  I did
try four short runs of about 40 Qs each, but I made no serious effort
to build the QSO count.

My Henry 2KD-5 had a problem at about an hour into the contest.  I noticed
the normal 1300-1400 Watts had dropped to about 1000 Watts.  In looking at
the tubes there was an obvious problem. One was bright and the other was
pretty dim.  It seemed to working pretty well at the 1000 Watt level, so it
lasted that way until I decided to work 160m late Saturday night.  I then
changed to the old reliable Ameritron AL-1200.

Thanks to all for the enjoyable time.  Maybe next year, I'll try to get
serious.  Hi Hi

73, Bill
N6WS