[SCCC] Anti-Skimmer Petition

Art W6KY w6ky at yahoo.com
Tue Apr 29 15:35:01 EDT 2008

Weak to unreadable signals will be decoded. Go to 14070.15. No signal can be
detected by your ear. Fire up 'Digipan' and readable signals you can't hear appear
on the screen.. This program is decoding over 30 signals at a time in 3kHz in
PSK-31. It will even 'highlight' a signal calling CQ or QRZ...
So how easy is it for a skimmer program to decode dots and dashes vs PSK...
Also with the VE3NEA Skimmer program, all callsigns are extracted and posted
to the international cluster. Yowiee!
Also, who's to say, if this catches on that Yaesu ans ICOM won't have that
additional wideband output like the SDR and Flex radios...
This program has the ears of a 1958 Novice on steroids with an S53A 'wideband'
receiver..Check out the screenshots!
73, Art   W6KY