[SCCC] NAQP -SSB-AUGUST 2008

Paul E. Dorey wn6k at cts.com
Mon Aug 18 02:12:34 EDT 2008

                    North American QSO Party, SSB

Call: WN6K

Operator(s): WN6K

Station: WN6K

Class: Single Op LP

QTH: Vista, CA

Operating Time (hrs): 9:54

 Band  QSOs  Mults

-------------------

  160:    1     1

   80:   59    14

   40:  164    40

   20:  255    47

   15:    6     2

   10:    2     1

-------------------

Total:  487   105  Total Score = 51,135

Club: Southern California Contest Club

Team: SCCC #1

Comments:

Started on time...but the bands did not...a bit before the contest, I heard
a couple of ops warming up on 15m, so there was hope??? NOT

I always feel that this is a fair and level playing field EXCEPT for these
times in the doldrums.  I worked very few in the far reaches of the NE
corner of the US, DX was non-existant (except for CO6AF, and we worked very
hard on that QSO.)

I usually take my 'dinner' break around 5PM to 7PM....and guess that was
same time we had some kind of opening on 15m.  Oh well, can't win 'em all.

Thanks to all who helped me 'dig them out' with your patience and fortitude.

WN6K, PAUL