[SCCC] KQ6ES ARRL DX CW

John Simmons kq6es at roadrunner.com
Mon Feb 18 02:19:56 EST 2008

ARRL DX Contest, CW

Call: KQ6ES
Operator(s): KQ6ES
Station: KQ6ES
Class: SO 40 LP
QTH: CA
Operating Time (hrs): ?

  160:    0     0
   80:     0     0
   40:   87    33
   20:     0     0
   15:     0     0
   10:     0     0
-------------------
Total:   87   33  Total Score =  2,871

FT-1000MP, 100 Watts, Ground Mounted Butternut Vertical.
I had to work before, during, and after the contest, and with no day off Monday I needed some sleep each night.  No spots, and all contacts were S&P, although I tried a few CQ's.  After last week's adventures with equipment failure and RFI, and not expecting very many contacts, I turned off the computer and paper logged.  My signal was just a partial copy for a lot of Europeans.  I could only log two of them, and had a couple who finally got the call right but couldn't copy my frantic "R R R... "  That was frustrating, but an enjoyable experience overall.
John kq6es