[SCCC] N6KI CQWW 160 SSB SO HP

Dennis Vernacchia n6ki73 at gmail.com
Mon Feb 25 15:00:31 EST 2008

Put in 4.2 hours

I only did around 200 Qs for 4 hours work ...not bad !

200Qs  6 countries  44 states/provinces = 24,650

Still dealing with not being able to hear well with just a 6 ft loop and
preamp for RX antenna

The 160 transmit antenna I have which is just a convoluted sloper coming off
the 72
ft level of the crankup tower is plagued with AM BCI Diode Mix going on
somewhere
on the tower...John K6AM and I have been trying to find the diode mix source
and spoke to Dick N6AA during te contest and he gave us some more things
to try which work for his similar prob;em a while back

If anyone else in SCCC has had similar problem, please let me know
what was your diode source and how you resolved.

Being in the middle of the city and getting beamed across with 10,000 to
50,000 watt
and 100,000W or better from Mexico
AM stations all around me doesn't help !