[SCCC] Ducie

rick darwicki n6pe at yahoo.com
Wed Feb 27 12:08:16 EST 2008

Reading the spots is very entertaining for contesters or DXers.

Last night I saw VP6DX - Pitcairn, where has this guy been?

This was too much info to spot, so I though you might enjoy it.

I worked them on 20 band/modes using a one transistor all mode homebrew rig running 10 milliwatts into a No. 2 pencil
wound with a tapped 1/4 wave 160 meter No. 80 wire.

Got them on the first call on all bands except 160 SSB where they answered my CQ.

The antenna was under water in the fish tank to provide heat for the fish and to reduce TVI.

I has to sing the RTTY tones into the mike because I'm still working on the FSK board. The VIC-20 did a good job on RX.

Man, they were 40 over 9 on all bands except 6 meters.

Rick, N6PE