[SCCC] Subject: Re: Logging Software

Art k6xt at arrl.net
Tue Jan 1 06:45:22 EST 2008

My DXLab log is currently at 40,000 Q's. DXLab is not intimidated by log
size. There are folks with 100K's of Q's using it. Size does not seem to
have much effect.

Not to worry about intuitiveness. With learning from the extensive help
file comes comfort. Part of the reason could be because DXLab is so
capable - it does a lot for the DXer.

Be sure to investigate support while you're checking. I have never
before experienced support like users get from Dave AA6YQ the author of
DXLab. Not for any software, even software one has to pay for. Sign up
for his reflector for a few days, you'll get the idea. A major revision
to the main log, DXKeeper, was just released so the reflector is very
busy right now, a great opportunity to see how Dave interacts with his
users. (Note: You probably installed version 5.x.x. The major rev V6 has
not been released yet. All the reflector chatter is from us beta
testers. In Dave's world, beta testers are not some unknown alien
species. It is anyone who wants to try it.)

73 Art