[SCCC] NAQP CW KQ6ES Single Op LP

John Simmons kq6es at roadrunner.com
Sat Jan 12 18:27:16 EST 2008

North American QSO Party, CW

Call: KQ6ES
Operator(s): KQ6ES
Station: KQ6ES

Class: Single Op LP
QTH:
Operating Time (hrs):

  160:   10     7
   80:   59    21
   40:  121    40
   20:  110    41
   15:  105    33
   10:    0     0
-------------------
Total:  405   142  Total Score = 57,510

Club: Southern California Contest Club
Team: SCCC #3

Comments:
Not exactly as planned but I'm happy with this score, which is one less raw
Q than 2007 but 17 more mults and more points on four bands.  Due to an
unexpected visitor in the first few minutes of the contest I was forced to
take a half hour break, which messed up my plan to maximize time on the
beam.  20m was more or less abandoned very early, which didn't fit in with
that strategy either, and apparently 10m was open but never when I was
listening, so somehow I missed that completely.  When did that happen?
Later in the evening I thought I was done when either the logger (N3FJP) or
my K-3 keyer wouldn't stop keying all of a sudden.  If not for the MP's
built-in keyer, which was unaffected, I would have been on the straight key
and probably icing my wrist right now.  I had some nice runs, with my all
time best 60 minute rate from home, 77 Q's on 15m in the second hour, and
for the dead bottom of the cycle I was not too far from my best ever NAQP
score, which is very encouraging.  Didn't hear a lot of SCCC ops.  The only
ones worked more than once were Randy W6SJ twice, and Arnie three times.

John kq6es

FT-1000MP
A3 at 20 ft
Butternut vertical