[SCCC] NAQP CW W6EEN(N6RT) Single Op LP

Doug Brandon N6RT n6rt at dabware.com
Thu Jan 17 02:17:32 EST 2008

  North American QSO Party, CW

Call: W6EEN
Operator(s): N6RT
Station: W6EEN

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: CA
Operating Time (hrs): 10
Radios: SO2R

   160:   17     7
    80:  112    46
    40:  420    56
    20:  194    46
    15:  190    42
    10:   42    17
-------------------
Total:  975   214  Total Score = 208,650

Club: Southern California Contest Club

Team: SCCC #2

Comments:

Dons 20m tower collapsed a few months ago, and took out the 160m
antenna with it.  There was a tiny bit of damage to the roof on that
side of the property, but nobody was hurt which was the most
important thing.  I haven't been down there since the tower collapse,
so I thought the 80m sloper may have been torn down also, so I
decided to put myself on team 2.  Luckily, the 80m sloper was still
intact, and I even managed to load it on 160 to work a few mults.  It
was a very nice surprise to have 15m open so well at the beginning, and an even
bigger surprise to have 10m open all the way to the east coast.  Too
bad 20m died so early.  It was strange, there was a period of time
when the only signals on 20m were a few KH6s and quite a few
KL7s.  160m & 80m sounded really great, too bad we're currently using
poor antennas on those bands.  Thanks for all the QSOs & QSYs!

    73 de Doug, N6RT