[SCCC] W6TK - IARU SO AB HP Mixed

Dick Stepanian w6tk at juno.com
Sun Jul 13 17:29:48 EDT 2008

                    IARU HF World Championship

Call: W6TK
Operator(s): W6TK
Station: W6TK

Class: SO Mixed HP
QTH: CA - SB
Operating Time (hrs): 15.5

  160:
   80:   52     37     12       6
   40:  271    194     24      16
   20:  240    313     16      13
   15:   89     17     12      11
   10:    2      2      3       0
-------------------------------------
Total:  654    563     67      46  Total Score = 378,822

Club: Southern California Contest Club

Comments:  Interesting condx....sure frustrating breaking east coast guys
in
middle of their EU run - when I couldn't hear any of the EU's they were
working!  Oh well - no complaints - that is why I live on the Central
Coast...hihi.  Did work some EU's on 80 through 15 but not very many
and certainly no EU runs!!!  Had some great stateside runs on 20 and 40 -

CW and SSB.  I was pleasantly surprised to get a good 40 SSB run
since all I have is a rotatable dipole on the Explorer 14 - I think that
was a first on 40 SSB.  75/80 sure didn't sound/play as well as I was
expecting - so glad I didn't take the time to string up the temporary
160 mtr extension on the slopper.  Overall - turned out being better
than I thought it was going to be - but regardless it was FUN as
always.  BTW...did I just miss all the West Coast IARU "Teams" -
I think I only worked a handful at most.  I think it was a great idea
and was going to join in but both guys I approached as possible
partners - new at contesting - had to each back out at the last -
where were all the Teams?  Also good to hear Jim at ZD8Z again!!!
Thanks for the Q's and hope you had FUN too....see you next time.
73 - Dick