[SCCC] (no subject)

Paul E. Dorey wn6k at cts.com
Fri Jul 18 13:15:17 EDT 2008

Actually Juan and I ran our event so that we will be able to enter it as an
ordinary Multi - Single. We did not have the myriad of boxes and switches
that most SO2R types stations can utilize so we stayed on a band the
requisite 10 minutes.  Did it hurt us, no. there was enough to work in ten
minutes and then jump back to the previously productive band.

So why were we so far from those other guys?... Lack of 'punch' on those
loud HQ stations that kept calling in our face I guess. Someone has to come
in last so we kept our pace down so that all the letters would fall in their
proper chronological orders at the end of the contest.

Oh and John, being called a veteran contester made me think of one of those
wrinkled American Legion Guys bellied up to the bar at Post xxx.  Pour me
another one Sam.

Thanks to all who called us.

WN6K

John, K6AM wrote>

W6A (N6KI + N6OX)  - 288,768

W6B (WA6L + N6ERD) - 276,360

W6C (WN6K + W6NOW) - 149,804

The team of Dennis, N6KI and Bob, N6OX just edged out newcomers John, WA6L
and Dan, N6ERD at John's horse ranch in the hills east of San Diego.  Coming
in third was veteran contester Paul, WN6K with new papa, Juan, W6NOW.
Ordinarily the race would be too close to call until the logs were checked.
However, because our rules were different than the IARU rules, the ARRL is
not able to provide us with a Log Checking Report.  So per our rules, we
must go by the claimed score to determine the winner.