[SCCC] W6C Report

Paul E. Dorey wn6k at cts.com
Sat Jul 19 14:03:15 EDT 2008

                    IARU HF World Championship

Call: W6C

Operator(s): WN6K + W6NOW

Station: WN6K

Class: M/S LP

QTH: SDG

Operating Time (hrs): 22.5

 Band  CW Qs  Ph Qs  Zones  HQ Mults

-------------------------------------

  160:    0      0      0       0

   80:  124      2      9       4

   40:  323     12     21       5

   20:  200    115     14       6

   15:   24     41      9       0

   10:    0      0      0       0

-------------------------------------

Total:  667    170     53      15  Total Score = 149,804

Well as there were only 3 of us logged in for the WCRRTC event created by
K6AM, John, someone had to come in last... Band conditions were sporadic and
at times although we heard loud stations calling CQ, we just could not be
heard by them...and they were those precious mults.

Juan and I only used a single radio due to no equipment here at WN6K to
operate SO2R. Although the 'rules' for our contest inside the contest
allowed that we could band switch with impunity, we chose to stay within the
10 minute rule of the IARU so that we could submit a 'regular' score there.

I did all of the CW and except for the 40/80 SSB contacts, Juan was tasked
with the 'other mode'.

Not as many repeats on the 1 x 1 call on CW as on SSB.  Thanks for the QSOs
and we got a mini taste of what the WRTC 'feels' like.  Bottom line - lots
of fun but competing in an WRTC level is in the F2 layer as far as our
abilities and equipment limitations go.  MORE S&PS if you are not loud is
the lesson learned...but then that is WHY we contest...to learn more
lessons.

Thanks again for the contacts and see you all in the next contest.

WN6K, Paul  (+ W6NOW, Juan)