[SCCC] NAQP RTTY AD6ZJ

Loren Hunt lorenphunt at yahoo.com
Sun Jul 20 02:36:57 EDT 2008

Call: AD6ZJ
Operator(s): AD6ZJ
Station: AD6ZJ

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: CA
Operating Time (hrs): 1.5

   80:
   40:  35     21
   20:  17     14
   15:
   10:
-------------------
Total:  52     35  Total Score = 1,820

Club: Southern California Contest Club

Team: SCCC #1

Comments:

I wanted to put in a real effort but it was not to be.
I decided to clean my OP desk just before the contest.
I also wanted to hook up a new (to me)wide screen
monitor so I could get all the windows visible at
once. The ensuing cleanup and monitor change out
resulted in the following: My video card didn't
support the wide screen...no problem, I had a spare
card that would. Too bad after I had it installed I
realized the case wouldn't close so the old card was
put back. The shuffling of cables caused the AF output
jack to the Microham to get a busted wire (why do they
use such small wires?). While fixing the jack I
managed to burn myself with the soldering iron when
the iron slipped. I had neglected to shut off the rig
during the repairs and this resulted in the 200ma
accessory fuse blowing on the FT1000MP causing the
Microham interface to be non-responsive. Thankfully
nothing else went wrong while replacing the fuse which
is located after removing the cooling fan, heat sink
and final. OK all is set and the contest is about to
start and I remembered I promised my son I would spend
a few hours with him before the contest. After
spending too much time playing in the sun I entered
the ham shack in late afternoon with a splitting
headache and an injured shoulder and a slight sunburn.
The aspirin was just kicking in around dinner time.
After dealing with a few family crisis and getting
roped into a family game I made it back to the shack
for the last 45 minutes of the contest. Maybe next
time...

73
AD6ZJ, Loren