[SCCC] Great Ham Radio - Novice History website - with Autobiographies ( 1951 -2000 )

Dennis Vernacchia n6ki73 at gmail.com
Thu Jul 24 03:35:20 EDT 2008

*This evening at the San Diego DX Club meeting, **Cliff Cheng, PhD, WW6CC
and now recently assigned AC6C, informed the membership
of his web sight that strives to preserve in history, stories/auto
biographies
of hams who held novice licenses from 1951 to 2000.

(For those of you on my mailing list who are not Amateur Radio Operators (
HAMS )
or don't have the privilege of knowing or living with a HAM, you may still
find some of
the stories interesting of how all of us HAMS got started in this
fascinating hobby.)

I am sure there are hams you all may recognize who have contributed to the
site
and Cliff is looking for more stories of your Novice experience.

I know that in 1963 when I took my Novice exam at my local high school,
it seemed a real challenge to learn the Morse Code and theory, even though
the
test was multiple guess by then, I really had learned to draw every
schematic and try to understand
how circuits worked !

Enjoy and add your Novice license story here if you ever held that grade
license.

<http://novice.bappy.com/index.html>

Please feel free to forward this mail to all the hams or people who know
hams
who may have been licensed between 1951 and 2000.

73, Dennis Vernacchia N6KI
ex - WN2JDW - May, 1963 -  NNJ*