[SCCC] TS-480SAT

Loren Hunt lorenphunt at yahoo.com
Mon May 5 18:39:16 EDT 2008

I'm going to try this again. I'm tired of lugging
around my FT1000MP while doing field day and CQP type
of contesting (I think it is also tired of being
lugged) and am looking for something smaller just for
when I'm away from the shack.

I was looking into the TS-480SAT but doing a direct
compare of performance numbers is a challenge. The
ARRL keeps changing (I think for the better) the
things they measure (ex 5KHZ IMD vs 2KHZ IMD). It is
hard to do a direct compare just looking at product
reviews when they are all tested with different
criteria.

Does anyone have any comments positive or negative
regarding the TS480SAT as a contest rig while on the
road?

Also, one of the features of this rig remote over the
internet. It looks intriguing, has anyone tried this?

73
AD6ZJ, Loren