[SCCC] K6UA Amplifier

Leigh S. Jones, KR6X kr6x at kr6x.com
Tue May 27 01:31:57 EDT 2008

This is an exaggeration.  The transformer was barely above a persons waist,
but it was more than adequate.  Now, the rack with the whole power supply in
it was about six feet tall.  Dale continued to use the same power supply,
rewired to produce 3KV output at as many amps as were needed, for his "legal
power" operations (with single 4-1000A's) around 1969-1972, but it was gone
from the shack and he was using Henry 2K types for multi-multi operations
circa 1990.
The "windows" in the story was a sliding glass door in the back of the shack
leading to the avocado orchard.