[SCCC] SS CW K6ZH Single Op LP

Jim Price jnprice at pacbell.net
Mon Nov 3 17:40:33 EST 2008

                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, CW

Call: K6ZH
Operator(s): K6ZH
Station: K6ZH

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: SDG

------------
  160:
   80:   90
   40:  263
   20:  331
   15:  127
   10:
------------

Woo Hoo!  Happiness is having VY1EI call me for the last section - at 10:20
a.m. local time on Sunday (1820 UTC).  I've never gotten a sweep so early in
the contest!  Next to last sections:  NL (found VO1HP), QC (eventually was
called by 4 of them), LAX (really hard to find anyone, even on 80 on Sat.
night), and NNY (found and worked K2NNY on 80 meters).

Oh - my one and only contact with SB was N6VR, on 15 meter backscatter.
Thanks for having good ears, Ray!

Super duper condx on 20, 40, and 80.  And it was nice to at least have 15
open for a while.  No noise here.

This was first time in the SS for me with my new SteppIR (came from the
estate of my good friend Harvey, K6QK, unfortunately) - and I'm very
impressed with it.  I had a TH-7 previously and it just didn't seem to cut
it any more.  Still have my 40-2CD workhorse on 40 meters - works great.
And an inverted vee on 80
- all about 60 feet up.

Tnx for all the Qs.  I didn't put in as much time as I could have, but I got
a little lazy after working the Sweep.  73 - Jim, K6ZH