[SCCC] W6TK - CQP

Dick Stepanian w6tk at juno.com
Tue Oct 7 17:07:22 EDT 2008

                    California QSO Party

Call: W6TK
Operator(s): W6TK
Station: W6TK

Class: SOFixed HP
QTH: SLUI

  160:    0      0
   80:  153    169
   40:  264    272
   20:  430    555
   15:    0      0
   10:    0      0
    6:    0      0
    2:    0      0
--------------------

Rig:  Ft-1000MP---> Alpha 374A
Antennas:  10-40 Mtrs: HyGain Explorer 14 at 50 Ft - w/40 Mtr extension
                     80 Mtrs: 1/4 wave slopper

Comments: Wow - pretty crazy condx - seemed to be a struggle most of the
weekend.  I missed whatever
opening was on 15 that some of the guys referred too - just didn't tune
there at the right times.  Also missed
the sweep for the first time in 6 yrs - never heard or found NT -
congrats to those who got him. I thought I was
going to also miss AK - but ended up with a couple Sunday afternoon.  I
was surprised when ET3SID called
me on 20 SSB on Sat afternoon - I was about to negotiate 1-ET3 for 1 each
NT and AK at that point!  Yep -
a lot SDIE stations on - I was surprised to be hearing most of them as
well I was.  Great job by YI and NA
- worked Dan and Craig several times - but I just couldn't make up any
ground on them - but I don't feel
too bad trying to catch up with the top of the pile.  I was surprised to
be ahead of Ken - LA - when I worked
him - he must have started pretty late - or was just playing around???
Also K6XX up in SCRU - I am not
sure what he ended up with - but every time I worked or heard him he was
always 100+ Q's ahead of me. And
thanks to my friend Arnie - HC - we always seem to be close - not sure
how it will end up.  Always a fun
contest...but condx were really pretty sour I was expecting a little
better conditions but guess we'll just have
to wait for next year.  Thanks for the all the Q's hope you had fun too!
C U next time - 73's  Dick