[SCCC] W6TK - CQWW - SSB

Dick Stepanian w6tk at juno.com
Mon Oct 27 14:52:58 EDT 2008

                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB

Call: W6TK
Operator(s): W6TK
Station: W6TK

Class: SOAB(A) HP
QTH: CA
Operating Time (hrs): 19.5

  160:    9     5        4
   80:   48    12       23
   40:   91    24       42
   20:  338    30       97
   15:  174    24       55
   10:    5     3        3
------------------------------

Comments: Was available mostly the first 26 hours then only put in about
1 hour
Sunday afternoon.  Put up 160 Mtr slopper which got me on the band - was
able
to work HC8A on that band but couldn't get through to VE3EJ when several
other
W6's were working him with no problems...so work remains to be done!
Also
ran into some RF in the audio on 80 and 15 mtrs - first time that problem
showed
up in a very long time.  Other than that Murphy was pretty quiet.  20 was
a zoo
to say the least...too bad 10 didn't open up much - or at least during
times when
I was available.  Fun to work HQ3Z gang on 4 bands - missed them on 160
and
10.  Unusual to hear Jim, N6TJ - presumably from SOCAL?  Hope he had fun.

Never could break the Zone 40 pile-ups when I tried - hopefully next
time.
Hope everyone had fun and not too many Murphy problems.  Look for all of
you
next weekend in SS-CW. Best 73 - Dick