[SCCC] W4EF NAQP CW SOLP Score

Michael Tope W4EF at dellroy.com
Sat Aug 1 23:46:02 PDT 2009

                    North American QSO Party, CW

Call: W4EF
Operator(s): W4EF
Station: W4EF

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: CA
Operating Time (hrs): 00:43

  160:
   80:
   40:  36     18
   20:
   15:
   10:
-------------------
Total:  36     18  Total Score = 648

Club: Southern California Contest Club

Team: SCCC #3

Comments:

Rig: Omni 6+
Antenna: R7000 Vertical at 10'

Reached my desert QTH with a truckload of junk just after 0500 UTC, so I
decided to play on 40 a little bit. The R7000 seems to work okay for
long haul stuff, but I could really use a 40 meter dipole here for the
closer in stuff (felt weak trying to work other W6s).

I've got a dirty connection somewhere in my system. It think its in the
R7000. My receive cuts out intermittently, but comes back when I
transmit. Adds about 20dB attenuation which was somewhat annoying, but
not a complete show stopper. Not much luck CQing, so I mostly did S&P.

Earlier in the day I got Rebecca KB0VVT setup at the W6UE station over
at Caltech. Rebecca was going great guns on 20 CW. She is working at JPL
as a summer intern, so it was great to give her an opportunity to do a
little contesting from the CIT club station. Rebecca was using the name
"TIM" for her name in the contest. See if you can guess what school she
is going to? :-) :)

73, Mike W4EF/6 Littlerock, Ca