[SCCC] SCCC Meeting at ARRL Southwestern Division Convention in Santa Barbara

Richard J. Norton richardjnorton at gmail.com
Fri Aug 14 08:57:48 PDT 2009

Reminder -

The 13:00 - 13:50 Contest Forum at the ARRL Southwestern Division
Convention in Santa Barbara will essentially be an SCCC meeting. We
expect to cover:

- invitation to join SCCC to non-members
- some background on the recent decision of the CQWW Committee to
require station inspections during CQWW
- VHF/UHF/microwave contest rover-class operation by the N6NB team
- any other topics you bring up

Other contest-related convention features include:

09:00 - 09:50 2003 CQWW Operation from Gambia by N6VI
11:30 - 12:50 Elecraft Design Story (the K-3) by WA6HHQ
14:00 - 15:00 Legal Issues (antennas) by W3KD
15:30 - 17:00 ARRL Forum

08:00 - 16:00 Swapmeet. Free for sellers. Seller set-up starts at 06:00
Free admission to Home Show in building next door for ARRL Convention
participants

QSL card checking for DXCC and WAS will be available. Contacts with
the 7O1YGF Yemen operation have just been approved for DXCC, and there
will be no cost to get that card only approved if you bring it.

$20 convention registration includes Tri-tip and chicken lunch BBQ.

I don't encourage it since the convention sponsors are not really
making money on this, but you can attend the SCCC meeting without
registering.

I hope to see you there.

73,

Dick, N6AA