[SCCC] KI6VC NAQP SSB

Vic Sadesky vsadesky at ccis.com
Sun Aug 16 13:25:21 PDT 2009

August SSB NAQP

Station:  KI6VC
Call:       KI6VC
Op:        Himself
Class:   SO LP
Exchange: VIC CA
Op Time: 6.5 Hrs
SCCC Team #2
Security:  Meko&Sparky

Band      QSO    Mults
--------------------------------------
160
 80           53         7
 40           72       24
 20         191       48
             316       79   Claimed Score 24,984

Station:  756 ProIII,  F12 C4SXL @ 50Ft, Shunt Loaded tower for 80M
Software: miLog

Comments:

This is getting old...band conditions were weak at best but I also had the impression there was less QP activity.
A check on the cluster showed mostly RTTY contest spots.  So how slow was it Vic??  After 2 hours, I was
thankful some friends stopped by ... I didn't even have 100 Qs.  By 0200Z I was working the first New England stations.
Heard only 2 stations on 15 and didn't want to trade a slow rate for no-rate.  I did have some great surges with
excellent rates but they never lasted long.   One gage of activity/band conditions would be the number of mults and 80M in August doesn't count.We can see the count is low

Thanks as always to the cheerleaders

When all is said and done...I'M ON THE AIR AND HAVING FUN!!

I'm sure condition will be better for CQP BUT I'll have extra homebrew ready just in case...

73

Vic Sadesky KI6VC
Cal City
"Our doubts are traitors,