[SCCC] SCCC Domain Name

Wild Bill Wiederhold wb6bfg at gmail.com
Sun Aug 30 21:23:15 PDT 2009

Hi Bruce,
You've come up with a couple of good alternate names. One thing to ponder
prior to moving forward would be to keep an eye on
SCCC.org<http://www.whois.net/whois/sccc.org>as it is due to expire
next month. Sure there's the chance that the South
Carolina Chamber of Commerce will renew the name but the most current
activity is nearly two years old. Heck it might be worth a phone call or
note to them...

Beyond all that there's another name that's available and may of interest to
the group is*: YourSCCC.org *

As far as a new server there are a variety of ways to go. A good friend of
ours, Dick Van Bree (W6RVB), is a ham the has numerous servers. He is the
way to go if you want assistance with the development of a website and like
the idea of have local support. If you have someone who is all good in that
regard you may want to take a look at a hosting company that I have a few
websites with. IVCHosting.com They offer lots of space, plenty of extras
and the price is right. I've used them for a number of years and have had
near zero issues.

. .
73 de WB6BFG ~ Wild Bill