[SCCC] N6PE 160 Contest

rick darwicki n6pe at yahoo.com
Sun Dec 6 16:27:11 PST 2009

ARRL 160-Meter Contest

Class: Single Op LP + Cluster
QTH: ORG Section

Total:  QSOs = 229  Sections = 70  Countries = 8  Total Score = 37,596

In the interest of no TVI and less heat in the shack I ran barefoot thinking it would be FUN. WRONG !! Anyone on second hop needed my call 4-5 times and ORG 3-4 times. Thanks to all that stayed with me.

Didn't bother staying up for VK/ZL/JAs  No new DX heard or listed on the cluster. Seemed like a lot more 1s and 2s this year. Missed MS but did hear one when he couldn't hear me.
Missed a lot of VEs this year, didn't even see many posts for a lot except VE3s and 7s

Amazing how VP5 and ZF were so weak but came back on only a few calls. Several TX stations that were S-4/5 when I called them flipped the switch and came up 20-30 DB, that must be nice.

Well I suppose I need to build a full size quad, problem is we have a 35' height limit here in Yorba Linda, Land of Gracious Living, as the sign says.

73, Rick