[SCCC] MIDXA PSK31/63 Contest

Milton Garb w6qe at verizon.net
Sun Dec 13 21:06:25 PST 2009

Call: W6QE
Operator(s): W6QE
Station: W6QE

Class: SO Low Power (Not to exceed 50 watts)
QTH: LAX

8906 Points

48 hour contest. Psk31 & Psk63. Some op's just couldn't grasp the concept of making a contact, then switching modes right then and there.
My digital position radio, IC-756Pro3 rolled craps on me 1 hr and 53 minutes into the contest, so I had to complete the 'test with 6-8 watts driving my amp to 45 watts out.
It was nice to have XU7KOH and RW0LIF + many JA's answer my cq's on 40 meters. No opg to EU from here. Nada on 10 meters, although 15 was open Sunday afternoon.
All things considered, it was better than watching the History Channel.