[SCCC] NE6I CW Sprint

Dennis Younker NE6I at cox.net
Sun Feb 8 01:23:45 EST 2009

NA Sprint CW Contest

 Call: NE6I
Operator(s): NE6I
Station: NE6I (WTWN) (worse than wet noodle)

 Class: Single Op HP
QTH: CA
Operating Time (hrs): 2.53

   80:   4
   40:   75
   20:   34
---------------------
Total:  113 Mults = 39 Total Score = 4,407

Team: SCCC #2

 Comments:  My best outing from this crummy location in many years. Woohoo!
Raised the wimpy 20m dipole three feet and it's maybe 10 ft above ground
now. Still well below the operating position on the second floor.  Damn
HOA's!  Thank god for cable TV though or I'd be TVI'ing all the neighbors!
Clip on 40m extensions give me the all important second band. 20m seemed hot
at 2300 but stunk after 0000z.  I have no 80m antenna and had to run
barefoot into the 40m dipole instead. With a 940S with its solid state
final, you can imagine what the output power and ERP were like.  (Can't run
the amp with such a high SWR.)  Still, four stations came back.  Hope I made
SCCC #2 proud.

Used "Don" as my name in honor of W6EEN.  Don, your name works better than
mine in these things but still, a half dozen or so stations needed repeats.
They were probably using some sort of auto-fill.

One final note.  That good friend of ours, N6TR, is everywhere. And loud
everywhere. I think he must have had 300 band changes this time around. I
wish more of his operating skill wore off on me while we were attending SCCC
meetings together in the 1980's.

Great fun, and I should try to invite myself to some San Diego area MM's
next contest season.  I think some of my rust is wearing away now...

--Dennis NE6I