[SCCC] AC6T NAQP

Steve Long ac6t_2 at verizon.net
Mon Jan 12 20:21:10 EST 2009

Call: AC6T
Operator(s): AC6T
Station: W6RFU

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: CA

   160:    0
    80:  134    41
    40:  117    39
    20:  264    49
    15:  148    32
    10:    0
-------------------
Total:  663   161  Total Score = 106,743

Club: Southern California Contest Club

Team: SCCC #2

Comments:

First time using the K3 in a contest.

Where was all the activity on 40m?  Seemed like the band was open but abandoned
early. Last January had much better propagation in general.  Not a peep on 10m.

Did not do well this time.  Glad that Doug put me on SCCC2.  No
antenna for 160 so
that really hurt in this contest.

The first 5 hours were good until 20 died.  Then, the noise level on
40 and 80 was horrendous.
CQing was not very effective so I did a lot of S/P.  The engineering
building must have had all the air
handling equipment running.  It was much quieter in the Sept sprint at W6RFU.