[SCCC] WN6K - IARU HF World Championship

WN6K - Paul Dorey WN6K at sbcglobal.net
Mon Jul 13 12:20:53 PDT 2009

                    IARU HF World Championship

Call: WN6K

Operator(s): WN6K

Station: WN6K

Class: SO CW LP

QTH: SDG

 Band  CW Qs  Ph Qs  Zones  HQ Mults

-------------------------------------

  160:    0     0       0       0

   80:    1     0       1       0

   40:  351     0      19       9

   20:  185     0      16      21

   15:   27     0       6       3

   10:   23     0       2       1

-------------------------------------

While my ontime start at 'zero dark thirty' on 40 gave promise, it sure was
difficult for me from then on.  The EU/Russian opening on 20 was a nice
respite from many other calls not being heard.  Gave up my last half hour at
the end as just about everyone came to 40m in the last hour to finish out...
and it got pretty crowded with folks I had already worked.  Throughout the
early morning hours 02-04 (local) I would flip to 20m to listen and was
surprised to hear EUs and Asian activity - slbeit very light in the S-units
and none could hear my calling them, but it was encouraging to hear
something other than 'hiss' on 20 after dark.  Things are starting to look
up...just needs another year in the solar cooker.....

WN6K, Paul