[SCCC] IARU K6GEP SO Mixed LP

Tim Goeppinger timgep at hotmail.com
Mon Jul 13 22:32:56 PDT 2009

I echo the sentiments of John KQ6ES.

                    IARU HF World Championship

Call: K6GEP
Operator(s): K6GEP
Station: K6GEP

Class: SO Mixed LP
QTH: CA - ORG
Operating Time (hrs):

  160:
   80:   22             8
   40:   36      8     13
   20:   46     21     33
   15:   10      1      2
   10:    8      2      4
-------------------------------------
Total:  122     32     60       0  Total Score = 23,280

The big guns all thought 20M was fantastic, but from the small station
perspective, condix were bad to Europe on 20.  I had a very disappointing
score, way down from 311 Q's in 2007, and 274 in 2008, and even those were
bad years.

I was disappointed that I couldn't work BX5AA with my new tribander pointed
right at him.  Didn't work any new countries or band/mode fill.

Lots of good JA activity on 20 and 40.  Congrats to the W1AW/KL7 and
NU1AW/KH6 stations.  Sounded like fun.

Rig:
   FT-990 100W

Ants:
   80 meter sloped dipole from 45 feet
   40 Meter inverted vee at 50 feet
   Triband Wilson SY-2 Yagi at 18 feet (armstrong rotor)

Software:
   N1MM Log