[SCCC] FW: ARRL FD KQ6ES 1B QRP

John Simmons kq6es at roadrunner.com
Sun Jun 28 17:15:28 PDT 2009

                    ARRL Field Day

Call: KQ6ES
Operator(s): KQ6ES
Class: 1B QRP (1B battery 1-op)
Location: ORG (Upland)

   40:   30
   20:   41
   15:    1
----------------------------
Total:   72     0       0  Total Score = 720
Plus 250 bonus points = 970.

Car battery, FT-840, Buddistick clamped to a stepladder, manual tuner,
paddles & keyer, paper & pencil. A nice change, despite the very hot
weather, from the usual car full of stuff, and tiring setup/tear-down. This
arrangement actually worked the east coast (once). If I knew the antenna
better I might have done well enough on 10 and 15 to reach 100 contacts, but
tuning it was very tricky. My only negative comment is that some of the well
known operators I heard working 1D set a poor Field Day example with their
impatient operating style.
John kq6es

http://www.hornucopia.com/3830score/