[SCCC] [TowerTalk] Anyone know the CURRENT Los Angeles County Zoning Rulefor Twr HGT?

Michael Tope W4EF at dellroy.com
Tue Mar 24 12:31:19 PDT 2009

Joe,

My read of the LA county ordinance is that you only need a standard
building permit if your installation complies with 22.52.1430. This
includes the 75' crank up (nested height <= 35') and a "whip" which
would seem to include a low-band vertical antenna.

The more onerus process (conditional use permit with notification of
neighbors) would be required if you wanted something that didn't conform
to 22.52.1430. You can tell that hams were involved in crafting the LA
ordinance as it makes a modest sized HF antenna installation pretty
straightforward. This is a good compromise between community concerns
and amateur radio concerns.