[SCCC] [TowerTalk] Anyone know the CURRENT Los Angeles County Zoning Rule...

Michael Tope W4EF at dellroy.com
Tue Mar 24 13:32:38 PDT 2009

W6ph at aol.com wrote:

>In a message dated 3/24/2009 12:32:02 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
>W4EF at dellroy.com writes:
>
>My read of the LA county ordinance is that you only need a standard
>building permit if your installation complies with 22.52.1430. This
>includes the 75' crank up (nested height <= 35') and a "whip" which
>would seem to include a low-band vertical antenna.
>
>It also looks like US Towers and Tri-Ex may have had something to do with it.
>Rohn obviously wasn't invited to the ordinance writing party.
>
>                                          Kurt, W6PH  (40 feet of Rohn 25G
>not in LA County)
>
>**************Feeling the pinch at the grocery store?  Make dinner for $10 or
>less. (http://food.aol.com/frugal-feasts?ncid=emlcntusfood00000001)

That is a good point, Kurt. 75' of guyed Rohn 25 is a lot cheaper than a
75' crank-up capable of supporting the same antenna windload :-)

They should have put an exception in the ordinance to cover the
esthetically challenged areas of LA county:  "If any of your neighbors
within a 500' radius of the center of your property have an old car
sitting on cement blocks with no wheels or if more than 3 of your
neighbors within the same 500 radius don't have any teeth, then you can
put up whatever antennas you want"  :-)