[SCCC] My 1st trip to Dayton

John Simmons kq6es at roadrunner.com
Tue May 19 23:28:46 PDT 2009

I made it to Dayton, and back in one piece except for an attack of
laryngitis: not too serious a thing for a CW guy.

Contest University was enjoyable, very much worth the modest cost, very well
put together, and I may even have learned a thing or two.

The Hamvention was great.  I got sore muscles from all the walking.  So much
to see and do, dozens of forums, lots of contest and other ham celebrities.

For the first time in 12 years I spent more than $5 at a swap meet, and I'm
deciding how to spend the $100 DX Engineering gift certificate  I won at the
Contest Dinner.

I'm all fired up for the WPX CW - I hope to work you all there.  I'll see if
my new Dayton-bought Inrad roofing filter helps my MP.

John kq6es