[SCCC] Voice Keyers (Dennis Younker NE6I)

Vic Sadesky vsadesky at ccis.com
Sun Nov 1 13:39:04 PST 2009

> I am curious. Who is using what for voice keyers these days?
>
> --Dennis NE6I

I use the laptop soundcard through the MFJ 1279 soundcard interface.  The
MFJ handles not only the voice keying from the PC it does PTT, CW and RTTY
.  It has TX and RX level sets but matching "speak/key"  levels is ez as
setting the pc vol out and the mike is mute during voicekey.

B4 the MFJ I used the PC output through a audio matching transformer and pad
then paralled that with mike.  Software handled PTT. Worked well but hated
the hot mike.

Can anyone tell me if N1MM plays WAV files through a USB port??

73
Vic Sadesky KI6VC
Cal City
"Our doubts are traitors,