[SCCC] SS CW N6NC SO Unlimited HP

H Lawrence Serra hlserra at sbcglobal.net
Mon Nov 9 10:14:09 PST 2009

                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, CW

Call: N6NC
Operator(s): N6NC
Station: N6NC

Class: SO Unlimited HP
QTH: San Diego CA
Operating Time (hrs): 16
Radios: SO2R

------------
  160:    0
  80:  113
  40:  163
  20:  100
  15:  16
  10:    0
------------
Total:  392  Sections = 80  Total Score = 62,720

First Clean Sweep ever from home QTH-- but it was close! Thanks to KE0Z/VE4 for
putting MB back on the air near the end. Will  must have driven up from Sioux Falls SD to MB on SUN to get another MB station on the air.

For "assisted" ops: CW Skimmer worked great. Spots were right on frequency, huge in number, with almost no errors in call sign decoding. So much so that I used it exclusively to fill the N1MM bandmaps, and kept DX Clusters off the band maps, because their spots often showed incorrect call signs, were off in frequency, were  irrelevant for So. Cal propagation, and provided "TMI." Instead, I opened a second WintelnetX window for K3LR cluster, and placed it on the second monitor next to the Skimmer's rolling spots window. That way, I could glance at the K3LR cluster's middle column from time to time to see if any missing SECTs were shown.

Lots of '50s and 60s ham CKs this year, and an ubelievably large number of
stations from MDC, but few from DE.

40m and 80m were the money bands here, producing 70% of Qs but only 40% of
MULTs, 20m and 15m produced the rest.

Thanks for all the Qs.

73, Larry N6NC