[SCCC] SS SSB K6GEP SO Unlimited LP

Tim Goeppinger timgep at hotmail.com
Sun Nov 22 18:53:39 PST 2009

                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, SSB

Call: K6GEP
Operator(s): K6GEP
Station: K6GEP

Class: SO Unlimited LP
QTH: ORG

------------
  160:
   80:  29
   40:  23
   20:   6
   15:  16
   10:
------------

Sweeps SSB is my least favorite contest of the year, so I tried to have some fun
trying to work a sweep in 80 contacts. Missed it by 6:  WPA, NNY, SNJ, NLI, DE
and SC.

Funniest pileup:  K6EP and I (K6GEP) were both in a pileup trying to work
Alan, KO7X.  He sorted out our similar callsigns like a pro, and worked both
 of us.

I am sure there is a long history behind running the contest until 0300z, but
I think we need to realize that effectively, it is over at 0000z.  Most of the
East Coast mults QRT at that time.  I have never worked a needed section past
0000z.

Good to hear and work some School stations in this one.

Condix were great on 15, and pretty good on 40 & 80.  I am surprised that I
ignored 20m so much.  I really should have had my beam up for 15.  I hope
to jury rig it for next weekend.  My Windom performed well on the upper part
of 75.  I used my 80m dipole for 3600 - 3700.

Gripe:  Please watch the text that you spot during SS, so you don't spot a
section.  If you say that someone is IN Aruba, they get spotted as Indiana
in the contest software. DE seems to get mis-spotted a lot too.

Rig: FT-990 , 100W

Ants:
80 meter dipole sloping from 40 feet
80 meter OCF Windowm sloping from 40 feet
40 meter inv vee at 45 feet (for 40 & 15)