[SCCC] CQWW CW

WN6K - Paul Dorey WN6K at sbcglobal.net
Sun Nov 29 21:36:05 PST 2009

                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: WN6K

Operator(s): WN6K

Station: WN6K

Class: SOAB(A) LP

QTH: Vista,CA

 Band  QSOs  Zones  Countries

------------------------------

  160:    0     0        0

   80:   21     9       12

   40:  100    25       43

   20:  241    31       67

   15:  138    23       53

   10:   19     8        9

------------------------------

Club:

Comments:

"and now for something completely different...Monty Python"

In that I knew I had a busy week upcoming, I decided to not beat myself over
the body for this one.  So I turned on the packet and played Assisted to see
what would happen.

Aside from 'reading' the myriad of bad posted calls I actually had fun using
the two VFO panels on Writelog which worked well in that I could keep an eye
on the unused band while working with the active one.  When things got thin,
I did not have to wonder if it was worth the move to the other band as I
could see the activity building there.  With a second receiver radio (Mark
V) this made it a breeze.

I pretty much found that if I could hear it - i could work it this weekend.

There were a couple of times that I did have to be insistent but hung in
there enough to build a bit of a score.  Bands were fair I would say for me
and THERE is life on Africa in CW --- great to see that continent light up
this contest with the many locals and expeditioners.

I had a couple of down times forced on me...we had our first rains here in
161 straight days.  Accompanying the rainfall which made rain static was
also hail which was followed by thunder and lightning.  A bit of everything
for our usual docile weather out here in the Southwest.

80 was so so for me here... don't know as I can ever get something going on
that band (and 160 is well even worse.)

Till the next one....

WN6K, Paul

Paul E. Dorey

WN6K

"Most of us wonder if our lives can make any difference. Marines don't have
that problem."

Ronald Regan