[SCCC] Invitation to the October 8 general meeting of the Southern California DX Club

n6hc at aol.com n6hc at aol.com
Thu Oct 1 15:03:13 PDT 2009

The Southern California DX Club would like to invite you to our 7:30 PM Thursday
vening meeting on October 8, 2009.  The meeting is held at the Syd
ronenthal Park recreation center located in Culver City, CA.  Please visit our
eb site at http://www.scdxc.org for directions to the meeting place and a map
f the area.
At the October 8, 2009 general meeting, our guest speaker will be N6NB, Wayne

Overbeck, PhD, J.D., Professor emeritus at California State University Fullerton.

Wayne has contributed much to the amateur radio community over more than 50 years

as an author, innovator, Dxer, contester, and antenna guru from both the legal

and designer perspectives. Check out his web site:

http://commfaculty.fullerton.edu/woverbeck/n6nb.htm for his credentials and
http://commfaculty.fullerton.edu/woverbeck/n6nb.htm for his credentials and
interests; you will be very impressed. His topic for presentation will be VHF/UHF

DXing and rover VHF/UHF contesting. I think you will find this evening interesting

and thought provoking. Don’t miss it!

Many of our club members gather before the meeting for dinner at the Roll 'n Rye
eli at 10990 Jefferson Boulevard, Culver City, CA 90230.  Telephone (310)
90-3497.  Come join us to swap tall tales or learn of someone's latest exploit
ver the repast of your choice.

f you have any questions about this event, please contact Arnie Shatz, N6HC at
6hc at aol dot com.

he DXers of Southern California are looking forward to=2
0seeing you at our
eptember meeting.  Don't miss it!